Thursday, October 23, 2008

soo i guess i really dont know how to even start this blog so here it goes. well this last weekend i got a text from a dear friend telling me about a family in our last ward. their 23 month old little boy drowned in an irrigation canal right outside of their home. i was completely blown away and to this day i am still baffled.this whole week it has been on my mind knowing that anything at any time could happen. we have no control at all what soever.i am not good at funerals so i decided i wouldnt go to the funeral but i did go and help set up for the family luncheon. all morning before i left i was trying to make excuses on why i shouldn't go. but i knew i needed to go and give some support and hopefully let the family know that they are in my prayers. i didnt see them which i knew i wouldnt because by the time i got there they were already on their way to the cemetery. but i was able to see many familiar faces. and give a helping hand. my heart goes out to this family. i cant even imagine what they are going threw.. im so glad that they know the "plan" and they are full in faith. they know they will see their precious little boy again. and i am so greatful that i know they will be with their little angel aswell.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I feel so bad for Shirrell and their family. I just adore her. I had to work that day. I am almost glad. I do not think I could control myself. She is a very strong women in tune with the spirit. It is absolutely amazing.

Amy said...

be sure that you send her a card of something :) It really means a lot. I saved every single card we were sent when Bren died.

Miss Niss said...

i'm sure just keeping them in your prayers will do wonders....FAITH is the key in situations like these...

Carrie Allen said...

I didn't think i could handle the funeral either so I didn't go. Good for you for helping out. It's so scary; you just never know.